And so it began....

It all started on a girls night out. A few friends and I went out for the evening and had a terrific time! When we returned to my house, everyone was starving, so I went to the kitchen and whipped up an amazingly simple recipe ( you can find it under "breakfast") The girls all loved it and wanted the recipe... what easier way to share it with everyone than start a blog?

Since then - I have added all our family favorites, recipes which people have asked me for or things that delight me. I have also added some stories about events that lead up to the recipes I adore - they seem to go hand and hand in our household!

I don't claim to be a foodie or a chef but I am a pretty darn good cook. I like to put my one little twist on things and surprise people, mix flavors, kick it up a notch...

So - try it out and Enjoy! And Hey - Let me know what you think or if there are any recipes you would like me to add!

Saturday

Turning 45? Feeling a little mid-life crisis coming on? The cure - Bake!


Oh the joy of an upcoming birthday...It use to be that I looked forward to these days with anticipation, knowing that surely it would be a terrific day. But this one, oh part of me just wishes the day would just pass by without happening. The weekend before my 45th birthday is presenting me with a slight pain of life contemplation - so what better to distract myself - bake! Nothing better than the sweet smell of butter and cinnamon, peanut butter and chocolate, raspberries and almonds to wipe away the fears of middle age and make one feel like a kid again...And so I bake!

First on the list - Monkey bites

Oh you have all heard of monkey bread- that sweet cinnamon and sugar bread that is sure to make you swoon but Monkey bites- are like little bits of heaven, melting in your mouth, a delight of flavor rolling over your tongue, not enough to overwhelm but instead the perfect tease of flavor - slightly orgasmic if I do say so myself!

1 package Pillsbury cinnamon rolls
Butter
Cinnamon
Sugar
Vanilla extract

Instead of baking the Cinnamon rolls as is, roll each out into a long strip. Cut into 1 inch wedges.

In the bottom of a muffin tin, fill each compartment with a half a pat of butter.
Spoon in a half teaspoon of sugar
Next add a 1/4 tsp of cinnamon
Place 3 of the wedges on top of the cinnamon, these should be placed next to each other so they form a little triangle of dough.
Put another half pat of butter on top of the dough
Add another 1/2 tsp on sugar on top of the butter
Add another 1/4 tsp of cinnamon on top of the sugar
Now top each with just a smidgen (a drop) of vanilla

Put these babies in a 375 degree oven until golden brown and bubbly.
Immediately drizzle with just a little sweetened condensed milk and cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment