And so it began....

It all started on a girls night out. A few friends and I went out for the evening and had a terrific time! When we returned to my house, everyone was starving, so I went to the kitchen and whipped up an amazingly simple recipe ( you can find it under "breakfast") The girls all loved it and wanted the recipe... what easier way to share it with everyone than start a blog?

Since then - I have added all our family favorites, recipes which people have asked me for or things that delight me. I have also added some stories about events that lead up to the recipes I adore - they seem to go hand and hand in our household!

I don't claim to be a foodie or a chef but I am a pretty darn good cook. I like to put my one little twist on things and surprise people, mix flavors, kick it up a notch...

So - try it out and Enjoy! And Hey - Let me know what you think or if there are any recipes you would like me to add!

Sunday

Peach and Pear Turnover



Peach and Pear Turnover

What do you do when you get up on a Saturday with nothing in the house but some plums and peaches and some phyllo dough? I create...and holy toledo did it turn out good!!

 I started by cutting up the peach and the plum, adding them to a pan over medium heat. Once the juices started to form, I added in just a little sugar. Stirring, adding sugar to taste until the fruit just begins to caramelize. In the meantime- I got out 4 sheets of phyllo dough. Buttering each piece with a very thin layer of butter, folding in half and adding to a glass baking dish which has been covered in a thin layer of butter. When the fruit is done caramelizing set in the center of the dough. Folding into a burrito like package Top with a little more butter spread across the top and sprinkle with sugar!

Bake at 375 degrees for 20 minutes, then put on a little more melted butter and sugar, bake another 5 minutes- turning the heat up to 400 degrees until golden brown.

 Enjoy- it is truly delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment